Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mini Walking Update

So I am sitting here at about 8:30 pm with my feet on ice and Advil in my stomach. I wasn't going to walk today, but HappyOne reminded me that this was Day 1 of the Grand Canyon Race - I couldn't rest today. So up I got and put 45 minutes on the treadmill. It was a slow walk but at least I broke 10,000 steps.

Today I checked my stats on 2 walking competitions I entered through WalkerTracker.com.

A Walk Through Cornwall - I am in 37th place now but I am sure I will slip since it is early in the evening and not everyone has entered their totals for today. I do seem to be falling in the middle of the pack consistently.

A Walk of the Grand Canyon - Since I entered my totals early I am in 2nd place on this race. Now with 12,000 + steps only - and the fact that it is early, I sincerely doubt I will hold onto that position. For example - at 2:00ish today, HappyOne was about around 17,000 or maybe it was 19,000 steps - can't remember, but she was "trucken".

As long as I finish in the middle of the pack or better on these 2 I will consider myself a winner. I just started back to walking a little over a month ago - some of these people have been walking for a long time - like HappyOne. The race is on for them. As long as I am in the race I am content - at least for a few months.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar