Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Camp Granada "...I'd rather be at school..."


Found in my letter box today:


Letter from my granddaughter.

When I was a child there used to be lots of very amusing songs on the radio - I loved them and quickly learned the words, then probably drove my parents crazy with my frequent renditions of them. 

This letter from my granddaughter reminded me of Camp Granada - the novelty song about a letter which a boy who was away at summer camp is supposed to have written, begging his parents to take him home...  I'm sure you know the one.

To translate the letter:

To Gran
I hate what mum and dad think is a school day.   I'd rather be at school and I mean it!   It seems like paradise to be at school now.   Please rescue me soon, please, I beg you.   Please, please, please!!!

Her parents are teachers and have organised a few morning lessons for the two children.   Nothing too arduous, but they want to establish a bit of routine.    A couple of lessons, then the children are free to roam in Owl Wood and the gardens before lunch.

It does explain why my granddaughter called across the garden asking me to return her letter because she didn't mean it now.      Once I told her that I hadn't seen her letter (the truth at that time)  she went off perfectly happily.

I fully expect to find letters from her parents because I imagine they would rather spend a week at the rock face, teaching a class of 30 students, than an hour or two trying to teach their own.











Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar