Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Louboutin releases full shade range of nude shoes

So Louboutin has extended the nude shoe family.

This is a welcome move.

I am so sick of the word 'nude' because it does exist outside of describing being in the nip. Nude is a word mainly used by white girls to describe various items of clothing that are skin coloured. This is because there is usually only one or at best two shades of nude clothing available in a brand.

I refer to the documentary about Ballet on Netflix 'First Position' when the mother of one of the dancers had to hand dye her tutus to match her skin color because all the tutus were made with white girls in mind. Its wrong.

I know there have been a few campaigns calling for brands to make a full collection of bras in nude shades - all nude shades. Granted there are so many different skin tones in the world, it would be a very ambitious project. One I really want to see take off.

I used to see it with leotards in gymnastics as well now that I think about it. I was only 7 at the time!!!

The company have said that there are two more shades to come next year that will take the whole range up to seven. Which is great. Why has it taken this long?

The other use of the word NUDE that I can't stand is lipstick. There is no such thing as a nude lipstick because everyones idea of a nude lipstick is different. Nor is there a shade that suits all skin tones. I once read a journalist refer to a lipstick as a nude that suited all skin tones - her skin tone mainly! Argh! I can't even!

So yeah, there is no such thing as a color called nude or clothing that is nude. Nude is naked. No clothes. The complete lack of. Can we please go back to calling it that?

ALso, can we stop referring to cheats as hacks?


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar