Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Exciting News!



I am in the process of moving downtown (as you read this) into a historic landmark (if you haven't already noticed on snapchat! Username: SummerWind41490). The building is incredibly stunning and elegant in every way with more amenities than I could have imagined. I couldn't be more excited! Since it is located in the heart of downtown, the space is rather small (yikes), but I was willing to sacrifice space for the location and the building amenities! 

To be completely honest, I'm a little nervous because it will be a total change of lifestyle for me, since it's downtown living, but I am so ready to make the change-- I've been anxiously awaiting this (since I've known about the move for the past 5 months)! 

My taste in decor is very classic and traditional. I really like Federalist style, Georgian homes, blue and white chinoiserie, a touch of Hollywood Regency, Oriental/Persian Rugs, brass and glass, and definitely a lot of colonial charm (think Pennsylvanian House, Queen Anne, etc.). 

I'm especially excited to document my decorating process here on Summer Wind and add in some more home decor posts-- is this something you are interested in reading more about?! 

With that being said, for my living room, I am going with a 'men's cigar club/library' look, like this, this, this, this, and this. I don't really like overly girly things (no pink, no leopard print, no lucite, no palm prints, etc.), trends, or anything too stylish or modern. Not to knock those things overall! I think they look beautiful in appropriate settings, like palm prints in Palm Beach or leopard print carpet in a beautiful closet, but just not for me in my everyday home! I personally love plaids, velvet, tattersalls, checks, leather, brass, etc. The pieces I have been buying are a lot of antiques and fine furniture that (I hope) will last me a lifetime.

When you read 'men's cigar club/library', you might be thinking that it is going to be so dark and heavy looking, but I have 14-foot ceilings and 10-foot windows that really brighten up the space, so I'm not too worried about it being overly 'manly'. And really, in the end, I know it won't have that much of the vibe I am going for because for one, I don't have wood paneled walls or a fireplace, but that's my inspiration! 


I bought a leather chesterfield couch that I am so excited about and will be the main focal point of the living room. The furniture buying process hasn't been too difficult, which I am slightly surprised about. I am typically a very decisive person, so this has been pretty easy for me since I have a clear 'vision'. However, I get so hung up on the smallest of details and in this case, I am stuck on the accent pillows for my couch! 

Above is a mockup I made of the look I am going for. The pieces are ones that I randomly found online and not completely what I plan on doing, but I think it gives a good sense of the look I am going for. 

I pulled nine of my favorite printed throw pillows that you can see at the top of this post. I have a clear favorite in the bunch, but I am going to keep that to myself because I'm very interested in what you all think and am hoping you will help me to choose! I am pairing the accent pillows with a set of navy blue velvet pillows found here.

I may hold off on accent pillows altogether because I am having custom upholstered wingback chairs made, but haven't decided on the fabric yet. I am obsessed with this fabric, so these may end up being the accent pillow fabric, too! We shall see!

You can follow my 'home' board on Pinterest which is definitely where I've drawn a lot of inspiration! Do you have any decor resources to recommend? I'd love to know any suggestions for anything home decor related! 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar