Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The hidden vintage.....


THE DARKNESS WITHIN.....I have never claimed to be a photographer. Ever. Because I am really not! But while on Holiday in France I found a basement filled to the brim of vintage furniture and goodies. So naturally I spent a whole day in there picking up stuff and reading as many of the vintage calenders and magazines as I could. It was all stuff from the 1930's/1940's - One of my fav historical eras. I am a complete history nerd. So this was holiday heaven for me. I couldn't believe my luck. Bits of history! everywhere! 
Every last detail crammed into the room screamed of another decade. Check out the art deco lamps! They still work perfectly.
Chairs! There are so many little random pieces dotted around the house. Trumpets left on cushions, calenders on beer barrells. i love the random collective feel to the house. 
The owner was obsessed with clocks and sewing machines in particular. There were serious amounts of clocks lining the walls.
they had a whole range of old school games down there. I spent hours rolling wooden balls into slots and counting points. (no jokes please)



the doll below is more then a bit creepy. but what can you do? Meh......
The over all view of the room. Such a great hiding place for all the pieces of vintage. It does seem a shame that a lot of it wasn't properly displayed somewhere. Pieces like that are history. Especially some of the old clocks and sewing machines. Such a shame to see them thrown to one side in a basement. Still, I had fun though!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar